WeChat web allows you to use the WeChat functionality on your mac, just as you would on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device. The easy thing about it is that you can transfer your conversations from your mobile device to your desktop without skipping a beat.
- 微信小助手 for Mac是一款mac微信消息防撤回、禁止微信更新、微信多开、微信窗口置顶、微信免认证登录、禁用微信内置浏览器多功能集于一体的工具集。.
- WeChat for Mac lets you send files and images straight from your Mac to other people using the program on any device. Like the mobile app, you can send voice messages and use a group chat.
- Download BlueStacks or any other emulator for Mac. You should install BlueStacks on your Mac and once it’s done, open it. From the Search bar, search for WeChat. From the results tap on WeChat and click on Install. Hola, you will be able to use WeChat directly on your Macbook.
By Gina Barrow, Last updated: April 24, 2020
WeChat is a free messaging application that is supported by various smartphone platforms including iPhone, Android phones, Nokia, Blackberry and Windows phone.
Aside from using WeChat on mobile phones, it is also available for PC and Mac computers. If you are wondering – Do we really need to use WeChat for Mac since it is already available on mobile?
For those who are working on a Mac at home or office and chatting with someone on WeChat at the same time, most can end up distracted by switching from computer to phone from time to time.
There are also instances in which someone wants to share some documents or files via WeChat. Since your mobile phone might not have any compatible apps to open or view the files you received, you need to transfer the files from your phone to a computer.
Generally, when using WeChat for Mac, this task will be a lot easier. If you want an overview of how WeChat works, you should take time to read this article.
People Also ReadHow Do You Move Your WeChat History to A New Phone?Five Ways to Fix 'Unfortunately, WeChat Has Stopped' Error
An Introduction To WeChat
If you have not heard about WeChat before, you should check out this introduction. WeChat is an instant messaging application supported by various platforms including iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Java and Symbian. Aside from the usual functions such as group chats, sending of photos, music files, and voice notes, WeChat was able to introduce several functions that set it apart from other messaging applications.
Some of the notable functions of WeChat include the following:
- Colored stickers on chat. WeChat was able to integrate the ideal components of LINE and WhatsApp – you can utilize both stickers and emoticons without any charge when chatting.
- Live chat. You can start a live voice chat or group conversation. You now have a multi-user walkie-talkie that makes conversations convenient and fun at the same time, but only one person can speak at a time if the indicator light is green.
- Video call. When using the video call mode, conversations can be done face-to-face with friends. During a call, you can toggle between video and audio.
- Meeting new people online. The “Shake” feature allows you to shake your device to find other people nearby. Once the result list pops up, you can choose a contact that you are interested in and send a chat message to start a conversation.
- Chat using your computer. You can enjoy a much-awaited conversation with a friend by using a version of WeChat on your web browser.
- Share “Moments” using Facebook. The “Moments” features in WeChat is strikingly the same as posts on Facebook, but more emphasized on photos.
- In-built photo editing. If you want to edit your photos to be published on social networks or add a filter to your profile photo, this is possible in WeChat with its integrated photo editing feature.
What Are The Features Of WeChat For Mac?
After reading the features of WeChat, you might be thrilled to try it out. Remember though that there are slight differences for the WeChat version on Mac. Let us first take a close look at what features to expect when using the WeChat for Mac version.
- Manage your own WeChat user profile
- Free unlimited text messaging
- Easily send files between Mac and your mobile phone
- Share videos, photos, voice notes with WeChat contacts
- Send smileys, stickers and other graphical emoticons
- Capture screen on Mac and use in WeChat conversations
It does not come as a surprise that WeChat for Mac does not include several features as the iOS version. An example is the emoticons which are too simple. The Mac version loses several of its exciting functions which are only present on your iPhone such as drift, moments, voice calls, Walkie Talkie, video calls, etc. Unlike with the Windows version, there are also some missing features with the Mac version. With the Windows version, you can easily back up the chat history from a mobile phone to PC.
How Can I Use WeChat For Mac?
Primarily, you must download WeChat from the Mac App Store. Once installed on your Mac, open WeChat and you will be prompted to use the WeChat on mobile to scan the QR code to sign into WeChat on your Mac.
After the authentication, you also need to confirm the login again. On your mobile device, you will receive a message stating “Confirm your login to Mac WeChat”. Tap on the Enter button on your phone so that you can log in on WeChat for Mac.
When logging in next time on WeChat, you can skip the QR code scanning phase. Simply tap on the confirm login to Mac WeChat on your phone. At this point, you can start chatting with your friends or family using WeChat.
Can I use WeChat for Mac without any apps?
In case you decide not to install the WeChat for Mac app on your computer or simply want to use the app temporarily on your Mac, you can utilize “WeChat for Web”.
For this to work, simply visit the website for “WeChat for Web”. Once you go to the site, you can follow the instructions.
What Are The Compatible Versions?
If you want to use WeChat for Mac, you should note down on what macOS versions it is compatible with.
- Mac OS X 10.6/10.7
- OS X 10.8/10.9/10.10
The Mac version does not seem to work on Mac OS X 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 10.5 or any earlier versions of the Mac OS X.
Install Wechat Laptop
Aside from Mac users, WeChat is also compatible with iOS, Windows Phone, Android, Symbian S60/S40, BlackBerry and other operating systems.
Advantages Of Using WeChat For Mac
One of the main advantages of having the WeChat forMac application is that you can quickly type and reply to messages.
Aside from being able to chat with your WeChat friends and groups on your desktop, the application makes it easy to transfer files from your mobile device to your desktop and vice versa with its “File Transfer” feature. Simply move and drop your photos, media or any other file to the “File Transfer” folder or upload desktop files directly inside a chat window.
When you are logged into WeChat, any alerts will simply turn up on the menu bar of your computer without announcements on your phone. Another supported feature is “Sight” videos which allow users to preview the chat histories that were forwarded by friends and search contacts as well as groups.
Whether you enjoy easy chatting on your desktop, smartphone or iPad, WeChat continuously aims in innovating and providing its users with the ideal cross-platform social communication experience.