Did you know you could Get Hulu for free with your Spotify account, if you're a student? In this article, we explain how in detail. If you have a Spotify Premium for Students subscription, you can easily sign up for the bundle that adds an ad-supported Hulu subscription to your service. This wikiHow will show you how you can. Netflix prime video canva spotify and hulu free cookies in server discord. To share this paste please copy this url and send to your friends. Hulu (stylized in all lowercase) is an American subscription video on demand service fully controlled and majority-owned by The Walt Disney Company, with Comcast's NBCUniversal as an equity stakeholder. The service was initially established as a joint venture between News Corporation and NBC.
You can start your hulu actiavtion via hulu.com/setup or hulu.com/activate. All you need to do is create your account if you already dont have one and then choose the plan or go for free trail. We have explained in detail about HULU in this article from hulu activation to hulu gift card and its channels.
Hulu is an on-demand American internet streaming service providing numerous TV shows, exclusive series, webisodes, trailers, new and classic movies, kids’ shows, Hulu originals and more. It was established on the 29th of October, 2007. It is majorly owned by The Walt Disney Company along with NBCUniversal as an equity stakeholder. It has its headquarters at Santa Monica, California in the United States. The company was initially founded from the collaboration between NBC Universal Television Group and News Corporation, hence it was established as a joint venture. The word ‘Hulu’ has been derived from two Mandarin Chinese words and is known to have two meanings. The primary meaning is more compelling and fascinating since the CEO of Hulu- Jason Kilar said that the word is used in an ancient Chinese proverb, “Hulu is Mandarin for gourd” which describes Hulu as the holder of precious things. The secondary meaning defines it as an “interactive recording”.
Most famous Movies, Shows, On Hulu
Some of the popular movies to watch on Hulu are Palm Springs, I Am Greta, Booksmart, Parasite, Big Time Adolescence, Little Monsters, Spiderman: Far From Home, and many more dramas, comedies, horrors, cult classics, and Originals. Some of the recommended TV shows are The Handmaid’s Tale, Pororo The Little Penguin, The Looming Tower, Castle Rock, Euphoria, The Simpsons, The Mindy Project, Casual, Harlots, Little Fires Everywhere, etc.
Some of the original shows of Hulu includes The Morning After, The Fashion Fund, The Hotwives Of Orlando, Battleground, and a lot more. At the 33rd annual Television Critics Association Awards Hulu’s original series- “The Handmaid’s Tale” won twice, one for the Program of the Year and second for the Outstanding Achievement in Drama. This particular series also received Emmys for top-notch directing, writing, cinematography and production design.
And finally, Hulu achieved the first place in streaming service to win Outstanding Drama Series after earning a total eight number of awards for the same series at the 69th Primetime Emmy Awards. And till now it is flourishing and thriving with success. Recently in May 2018, Hulu has announced that it has crossed 20 million subscribers in the United States. A dedicated ‘hub’ for content from FX branded known as “FX on Hulu” has been launched by Hulu on 20th of March 2020. New episodes of the FX original series are also available after it was aired on television.
What is Hulu and Hulu Plus?
It comes up with two versions- Hulu and Hulu Plus. Hulu Plus is a major streaming service where the user can stream TV shows, series, movies, etc directly on the device using internet connectivity. There is no need to purchase it permanently. It is also an ideal option for long-distance entertainment since it works with wireless internet connections. It costs $7.99 per month but no longer offers the 7-days free trial service. In simpler words, Hulu acts as a teaser of Hulu Plus.
Hulu is an entirely free streaming service where one does not have to pay whereas Hulu Plus has different packages. The shows in Hulu are limited since it offers only a few episodes of each show while in Hulu Plus, one can watch unlimited shows and movies since they not only offer the full season but also the past episodes. Hulu gift cards are also available in stores or online which are used for the up-gradation of Hulu’s Premium Plus membership service. There are four levels of packages offered in this- Basic, Premium, Basic+Live TV and Premium+Live TV.
The difference between the first two packages is that Hulu Basic is ad-supported with a plan of $5.99 per month and is the cheapest in the market while Hulu Premium is almost ad-free with a plan of $11.99 per month. Basic+Live TV package offers more than 65+ on-demand and Live TV and basic cable-news networks with a plan of $44.99 per month. Last but not least the Premium+Live TV comes with a plan of $50.99 per month. Hulu subscribers can even add premium cable channels such as HBO, STARZ, etc for additional monthly costs. They offer packages and on-demand services of Hulu are currently available in the United States and territories only.
How to activate Hulu?
Whenever you visit the official Hulu website or open the Hulu app, you will asked for two things. They are: ‘Activate your Hulu device’ or ‘Login to your Hulu account’. You can prevent having a hard time using your XBOX, PS4 or a Roku device to connect your Hulu account by using the alternative Hulu activation using a code.
The steps to activate your Hulu account are:
- Launch the Hulu app on your new device and this will be quite similar even if you do it on your XBOX, PS4 or Roku device. It will be redirected to the ‘Start’ page of the Hulu experience.
- Click on ‘Sign in’. You will be redirected to the login screen where you will be given the option to activate this device on a computer or login in using your account information like the ‘Username’ and registered ‘Mobile No’.
- Click on ‘Activate on a computer’. You will be redirected to ‘hulu.com/activate’. Enter the activation code that appears on the screen. Now, enter the password of your Hulu account.
- Enter the ‘Activation code’ provided to you on that device and that you want to access the Hulu account. Now press ‘Activate’ button. Now, a message will appear saying that your device has been successfully activated and when you return to your old device now, you may click ‘access your Hulu account’.
How to start Hulu activation via www.hulu.com/activation code?
One can download the application of Hulu using Android device itself since it is available in Google Playstore. In order to sign up for Hulu, the user first needs to visit the official website on the desktop i.e. hulu.com/activate.
Then they need to click on “start your free trial” and select a plan- Basic or Premium or Basic+Live TV or Premium+Live TV on www.hulu.com/activate
After that, they have to enter their respective email address and password and other personal information.
And at last, they have to choose the payment option and add the billing information. And bingo! you are all set to sign in to any supported device and start streaming shows on Hulu. There exist several devices to support the Hulu app.
To activate a new device using an activation code the user has to launch the Hulu app first followed by logging in on the welcome screen. Then they have to click on “Activate on a computer” and the next screen they will be presented with an Activation Code.
Going back to the account page one can head directly for activation or look for the “Watch Hulu on Your Devices” section. Within 30 seconds, the user will be logged in after entering the unique code which was displayed earlier.
For security purposes, one will also get an email after the successful activation of the device including the details like the kind of device activated, the location of the same device and the date and time of the activation.
The devices which can support the Hulu app are android phones, tablets, Apple Tv, Chromecast, Fire Tablets, Roku, Xbox, Echo Show, Fire Tv, Fire Tv stick, iPhone and iPads. The devices which can not support the Hulu app are old Samsung phones and old smart TVs.
HULU, Disney + and ESPN+ combo
- First purchase the ‘Disney’ bundle via Hulu application. Now, you’ll need to activate the Disney+ and ESPN+ services to complete the process.
- This activation link will be sent your registered Email ID. Now, open ‘hulu.com/activate’ on your device’s web-browser or open the HULU app.
- Go to the ‘Accounts’ page and click on the ‘Activation’ menu.
- Select ‘Activate’ button located next to the ‘Disney + and ESPN+’ options.
- Create new Disney+ and ESPN+ accounts separately to start streaming.
- Now, login into your ‘Disney+’ account page and click on ‘My Profile’.
- Click on ‘Billing Details’. Click on ‘Watch Now’ option next to ‘Hulu’.
- Create a new ‘Hulu’ account if you do not own one to start your streaming services.
Spotify Premium + HULU bundle
The Spotify Premium + with Hulu subscription package gives you both the benefits from Spotify as well Hulu. In order to avail this offer, you need to have an existing Spotify Premium subscription for students. It can also be combined with Hulu (No Ads), Live TV plan and even more.
- First login into your ‘Spotify Premium for Students’ account.
- Go to your ‘Account/Profile’ page. Follow the steps given to activate your Hulu account.
- Once the bundle is activated, you can get the benefits of both the services.
- In case you have got separate subscriptions in Hulu and Spotify Premium, you can use the same Email address in Hulu to combine/bundle them.
- To purchase or change your plan to the ‘Hulu (No Ads)’ or ‘Live TV Plan’, then it is recommended to go to your Hulu Account page and click on ‘Deactivate Hulu’.
- Click on ‘New Subscription’ and select the plan ‘Hulu, Hulu (No Ads), Hulu + Live TV, or Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV.
- Choose you payment method, billing options and then click on ‘Submit’. You are ready to stream content now!
What makes hulu better than netflix?
The user can even cancel the membership anytime if they do not like it. Both Netflix and Hulu are known to be the most popular online streaming options in today’s era. They differ from each other in many ways. Based on the content, Hulu offers an enormous variety of current season TV shows and lesser alternatives of movies and the opposite happens on Netflix since it offers more movies and a bit lesser older TV shows. Hulu has a library size of around 1,650 shows and 2,500 movies while Netflix has a library size of about 100,000 movies and TV shows. TV shows on Hulu are available usually within a day of airing while on Netflix, not until the next season of a show starts up. Hulu was founded in 2007 while Netflix was founded a bit earlier than this i.e. 1997. Hulu has its headquarters situated in Los Angeles, California while Netflix has its headquarters situated in Los Gatos, California.
Just like other streaming services offering premium video content like Netflix, Hulu provides a free-trial period so that the user can see how it works. Each and every other thing has its advantages and disadvantages, so does Hulu.
The pros are mentioned below:
- The user can stream their preferred series, movies show on any device having internet connectivity such as smartphones, tablets, television, etc.
- They can even watch the recent episodes of favourite tv shows since Hulu updates its library of tv shows regularly.
- It offers Live TV beta service. For free-trials, Live TV lasts for 7 days.
- It also comes with different plans and packages.
- It has its original content. If one wishes, they can watch the documentaries along with the movies, etc.
The cons are mentioned below:
- The user cannot watch anything offline since Hulu does not offer a download option.
- There will be no ads only if we pay for it otherwise the user is expected to be interrupted with various commercials. Imagine watching your favourite show and an ad pops up!
- Hulu service is not available all over the world, hence everyone cannot access it.
Hence, Hulu is one of the well-known and ideal streaming service sites where one can keep up with their favourite episodes without any colossal cable costs. It is also enhancing its design by laying out a wide range of collections as well as improving its navigation and discovery. Gradually it will expand to several platforms and will also reach to a larger section of people. What could be better than no hidden fees, installation appointments and equipment rentals? Start streaming your desired shows and cheers to an amazing weekend of binge-watching, eating and relaxing. In the world full of chaos soothe your heart with three magical words- “one more episode”.
How to view all your devices on hulu?
- First open a browser in your device and enter ‘https://auth.hulu.com/web/login?next=//secure.hulu.com/account’ in the address bar.
- This redirects you to your Hulu’s account page after successful login.
- Under ‘Your Account’, click on ‘Watch Hulu on Your Devices’ option. Now, click on ‘Manage Devices’.
- On the next page redirected (popup), you can see the devices that are connected to your ‘Hulu’ account currently and you add more devices or remove the present ones as per your requirement.
How to log out of all computers?
- You can even log out of any user from your Hulu account as per your wish.
- Go to your ‘Account’ page in your Hulu account after login. Click on ‘Your Account’ section.
- Under ‘Privacy and Settings’, click on ‘Protect Your Account’ option. On the popup screen that appears, click on ‘Log Out of all Computers’ and this will log out of all the web-browsers that is logged in to your Hulu account.
Hulu activate ‘hulu.com/activate’ not working. How to resolve?
Make sure you follow these steps if you have activation issues with your Hulu account (old/new)
- Based on the technical research, Hulu claims that if you are unable to operate or have issues while activating your Hulu account, it is recommended to turn off or close your Hulu app and open it later.
- Make sure your browser does not have an ‘Adblocker’ plugin installed as many users who had faced this issue, had previously installed adblocker which had prevented them from streaming videos.
- Make sure your Hulu app is up-to-date and if it is not, kindly update it ASAP.
- Also, try using an alternative browser and make sure your browser is updated. Try using newer versions of browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Brave, Opera and so on.
- If you exclusively own a Hulu device, then there is no need to waste your time and resources to solve these issues. You can directly deactivate the Hulu device entirely from your account web-page.
- Make sure you enter the correct activation code.
- If none of the above solutions work, try to uninstall and reinstall your Hulu app on your smartphone.
How to Log In and Log Out of Hulu
Once you have already got your Hulu subscription, signed up for it and downloaded the app, all you have left to do is login and binge your favorite shows.
- Launch the Hulu app, and click on ‘Log In’ button.
- Then click on ‘Login In on this device’/ ‘Login with Hulu’ on the welcome screen.
- Enter your Email address and password using your keyboard (on-screen) and click on the ‘Login’ button.
- From the list of accounts, select your profile and you can start streaming your favorite shows!
- Visit ‘hulu.com login’ on your computer/laptop’s web-browser.
- On the welcome page, you can see ‘Log In’ button on the top-right corner of the screen. Click on it.
- Enter your Email ID and password and then click on ‘Log In’.
- Now, click on your profile from the list of accounts that you may find on the screen and you will now enter the home page with all the shows and live TV to stream online.
- Open the Hulu app on your smart device.
- Tap on the ‘Account’ icon with your picture on the global navigation bar and scroll down till the end.
- Now select the ‘Log Out of Hulu’ option.
Spotify And Hulu Partnership
- Visit ‘hulu.com/login’ on your computer/laptop’s web-browser.
- On the top right corner of the page, you will see a ‘Log Out’ button. That’s how easy it is!
1. I can’t login into my Hulu account?
If you are unable to login into your own Hulu account, it may be due to the following reasons listed below:
- You do not have the access to the email address that used to sign up in the very beginning.
- Make sure your Email address entered is correct and accurate enough.
- Your email address could have been changed without your permission.
- Make sure your Hulu account has an active subscription by visiting the ‘Account’ page of your Hulu account.
- Before your login into your Hulu account for the first time after activation, you may need to check its proper activation based on the bundle you might have purchased.
- If you have other loading or screen-freezing issues, it is recommended to try after sometime or using some other internet network.
2. What is the Hulu activation link?
‘www.hulu.com/activate’ is the official Hulu activation link that will work after a successful login.
3. Hulu not working on Firestick. How to resolve?
This is a pretty much common issue for many Firestick users around the world. No matter the hardware their TV has, this issue arises out of nowhere. Let u os look at some of the key steps to resolve this issue:
- Restarting your Firestick, router and television can be the first and foremost thing you can do to solve internet or software glitches, helping you to resolve this issue probably.
- Make sure your internet (Wi-Fi) connection has no interruptions or hassles during streaming.
- If you are having issues even now, then it is recommended to update your Hulu application on your smart device.
- Visit ‘https://help.hulu.com/s/article/cant-login?language=en_US’ to get more info if you have login issues.
- Sometimes, it could be an issue with your Firestick. It is recommended to clear cache and data from your Firestick. Troubleshooting your Firestick could be the final option to be done for resolving the problem.
4. I have issues opening my Hulu app. How to resolve it?
The common issues people face with the Hulu app are:
- Stuck on welcome screen
- Stuck on a black screen
- App load error/crash
- Exit your Hulu app on your smart device completely and try reopening the app again.
- Turn off your device on which Hulu is running, your router and modem and switch it on after a few minutes.
- Make sure your internet connection has no issues and run a speed test if possible.
- Make sure your Hulu app is up to date and your router has the latest firmware installed.
- Clear cache and data from your device to resolve this issue.
- Try uninstalling the Hulu app and reinstalling it back.
5. How to change my Hulu profile?
- Login into your Hulu account hulu.com/login. Now, click on the profile icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Click on ‘Manage Profiles’. Now, click on the pencil icon next to the profile which you want to edit.
- You can now change the name, profile picture, gender and so on.
- Click on ‘Save’ to save changes.
6. My Hulu device doesn’t produce any sound. What is the solution?
The common issues that subscribers face are:
- No audio
- Distorted audio
- Audio and video to be out of sync
- High or ultra-low volume
- On your TV and the device connected, go to Settings and check if the audio mode selected is either ‘Stereo’ or ‘Normal’ as that is preferred and will be easily recognized by any audio device used.
- Make sure your HDMI cable is connected properly.
- Check the connection of your external speakers.
7. My Hulu wont cast when pressing the ‘Cast Now’ button. How to solve it?
- This has been a common issue with Chromecast as well as Apple TV users.
- For iOS devices above iOS 14, go to Settings App Settings, and then select the network for Hulu app as ‘Local Area Network’.
- This should solve the issue. It is similar for Chromecast too.
The Hulu app can be downloaded for Android and iOS devices. It also comes pre-installed in some streaming dongles like the Amazon Firestick, Google Chromecast, Roku, Jio TV and so on.
Hulu apk: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hulu.plus&hl=en_IN&gl=US
iOS app: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hulu-stream-movies-tv-shows/id376510438
Spotify and Hulu Expand Partnership To Give Music and TV Fans All Of Their Favorites in One Premium Bundle for $12.99 Per Month
New Mass Market Subscription Plan – Spotify Premium, Now with Hulu – Launches Today
Spotify And Hulu College
Music and TV are better together, and streaming your favorite music and TV shows just got a whole lot easier. Following last year’s successful launch of the Spotify Premium for Students, now with Hulu bundle, the brands are expanding their original partnership, this time to offer entertainment fans nationwide an affordable, all you can stream bundle of their own. The new subscription plan, Spotify Premium, now with Hulu, brings the two popular services together and allows subscribers to enjoy a world of ad-free music on Spotify Premium, as well as the more than 75,000 current and classic hit television shows and movies on Hulu’s ad-supported service – all through a single $12.99-a-month subscription plan. Beginning today, existing Spotify Premium subscribers not only have early access to the $12.99-a-month bundle, eligible subscribers can also take advantage of a 99-cent promotional offer to try the Hulu Limited Commercials plan for three months as an introduction to the bundle. Spotify Premium, now with Hulu will be available to everyone this summer.
Two Subscriptions, One Bill, One Low Price
Just like the college student bundle, the new subscription plan combines Hulu’s Limited Commercials streaming library – with more than twice the number of episodes available than any of the other streaming services – and Spotify’s popular Premium subscription plan, both on the same bill, and all in one convenient package. In addition to Hulu’s popular original series like The Handmaid’s Tale, The Looming Tower and Marvel’s Runaways, the new bundle gives Spotify subscribers access to Hulu’s enormous offering of thousands of hit TV series and movies, including The Good Doctor, this season’s #1 new drama; Roseanne, this season’s #1 new series; fan-favorite This is Us; Emmy® Award-winning comedy Atlanta; popular hits like Family Guy, The Voice and Power, and entire series runs of beloved shows like Lost, ER, Seinfeld, Full House,Family Matters and more.
“Based on the outstanding performance of the Spotify and Hulu student package, it’s clear that consumers love to combine their music and television experiences together,” said Tim Connolly, SVP, Head of Distribution and Partnerships at Hulu. “Hulu and Spotify are brands that are defining how fans connect with entertainment in the future, and we are excited to expand our partnership to bring this combined package to all existing and new Spotify Premium subscribers.”
“Our student launch with Hulu was incredibly well received and we are excited to extend our reach by bringing Hulu to more of our Premium members in the US,” said Alex Norstrom, Chief Premium Business Officer at Spotify. “Hulu’s TV content is highly acclaimed, and with this exclusive Spotify offer we are bundling two top media platforms for an unbeatable price. This is just one example of how we can add value to our premium members day after day.”
How to Watch, Listen and Stream
Existing Spotify Premium subscribers can take advantage of a special introductory offer by upgrading their existing Premium plan to Spotify Premium, now with Hulu. The offer grants an initial three-month Hulu subscription for the exclusive price of 99 cents before charging a monthly price of $12.99 for the bundle. Subscribers will gain access to Hulu’s growing on-demand library of award-winning original series.
Spotify And Hulu Deal
Spotify and Hulu anticipate opening up the new bundle offer to those without a Spotify Premium account this summer.
Click here to learn more about the bundle, eligibility requirements and to sign-up.