- Saving as a Microsoft Office File. Choose File - Save As. In the File type box, select a Microsoft Office file format. Saving Documents by Default in Microsoft Office Formats. Choose LibreOffice - Preferences Tools - Options - Load/Save - General. In the Default file format and ODF settings area, first select a document type, then select the file type for saving.
- LibreOffice Writer is the free and open-source word processor and desktop publishing component of the LibreOffice software package and is a fork of OpenOffice.org Writer.Writer is a word processor similar to Microsoft Word and Corel's WordPerfect with many similar features, and file format compatibility. LibreOffice Writer is released under the Mozilla Public License v2.0.
7.0.5 This version is slightly older and does not have the latest features, but it has been tested for longer. For business deployments, we strongly recommend support from certified partners which also offer long-term support versions of LibreOffice. LibreOffice 7.0.5 release notes. LibreOffice is a useful software for my research as I am using the Linux platform. It seems like the alternative of Microsoft office. (Writer) and table processor (Calc) mostly, with only exceptional use of Impress for presentations and Base for connecting to a MySQL database.
LibreOffice is a free and open source office suite software download filed under office software and made available by LibreOffice for Windows.
The review for LibreOffice has not been completed yet, but it was tested by an editor here on a PC and a list of features has been compiled; see below.A full free replace of Microsoft Office
By downloading and installing a copy of LibreOffice, you get a simple-to-use yet powerful interface that is easy to personalize – Microsoft Office users will find the switch easy and painless, with a familiar look and feel.
LibreOffice is the power-packed free, libre and open source personal productivity suite for Windows, Macintosh and GNU/Linux, that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs: Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base. Support and documentation is free from our large, dedicated community of users, contributors and developers.
You can download, install and distribute LibreOffice freely, with no fear of copyright infringement.
LibreOffice is software which can open DOC and DOCX files.
Features and highlights
- Fully-featured alternative to MS Office
- LibreOffice Calc is an alternative to MS Excel
- LibreOffice Writer is an alternative to MS Word
- LibreOffice Impress is an alternative to PowerPoint
- LibreOffice Draw is a diagram drawing application
- It's free
- No language barriers means LibreOffice is available in many languages
- LGPL public license: use it, customize it, hack it and copy it
LibreOffice 7.1.1 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system on a laptop or desktop PC from office software without restrictions. LibreOffice 7.1.1 is available to all software users as a free download for Windows. As an open source project, you are free to view the source code and distribute this software application freely.
The program was created by the developer as a freeware product, but donations for the continued development are highly appreciated. You may generally make a donation via the developer's main web site.Filed under:
- LibreOffice Download
- Freeware Office Software
- Open source and GPL software
- Portable Software
- Major release: LibreOffice 7.1
I have a number of things to write and I'd like to use speech recognition to do it. Unfortunately, Windows 7 speech recognition does not seem to work with LibreOffice. I searched the web but I couldn't find a definitive list of programs that work with Open-/LibreOffice. I tried Dragon (borrowed from a friend) but somehow it's unable to understand me correctly no matter how much I train it (funny enough Windows speech recognition does). So is there any other software that works?
Libreoffice Writer Software Download
Closed for the following reason the question is answered, right answer was accepted by Alex Kemp
close date 2016-02-18 17:40:10.268337
Libreoffice Writer Software Free
Detailed response here that covers MS Windows speech.
I found a way to do this and have made a video about it which can be viewed here.