The fan is very useful to keep your computer cool or reduce the irritating noise like a wind tunnel. And adjusting your system’s fan speeds help you to keep your system cool when it is working hard.
Changing computer fan speeds can be done manually as well as automatically. But there is nothing like the automatic PC fan controller or change computer fan speeds, this quietly ramps up the fans when the system gets hot and turn them down when the system performs as usual.
Well, you can also change or control fan speeds manually but the process is a bit tricky. You need to connect a manual fan controller to your Windows system with knobs and this will set fans to different speeds.
SpeedFan is a program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips. SpeedFan can even access S.M.A.R.T. Info and show hard disk temperatures.SpeedFan supports SCSI disks too. SpeedFan can even change the FSB on some hardware (but this should be considered a bonus feature). To monitor the CPU fan speed, go to its Hardware Monitor Mainboard section. It does not show the speed of cabinet fans which is the main drawback of this software. Besides fan speed, you can also monitor mainboard temperature and voltage, CPU temperature and voltage, CPU frequency, GPU clock speed, HDD temperature, System processes, etc.
So, it is best to go for the automatic option via software to control the computer’s fan speed. The automatic PC fan speed controller software monitors temperatures from numerous sources and lets you modify the fan speeds on your machine when required.
There are numerous programs available that works for you to change the speed of your computer fan. But choosing the Right one is really difficult as there are varieties of options available in the market.
So, to help you out, in this article learn the best PC fan speed controller software compatible with your Windows system including the latest Windows 10 OS.
Learn the complete information from the features to price to make a better decision.
List of Best PC Fan Speed Control Software:
SpeedFan comes on the top of the list as it is an extremely powerful tool. This fan controller program monitors voltages, temperatures and fan speeds in the system with the hardware monitors chip.
Well, this PC fan speed controller software comes with the various exciting features, here learn about them:
- SpeedFan monitors PC temperature from different sources.
- Access digital temperature sensors & adjust fan speeds, and hence reduce noise
- It is able to access S.M.A.R.T. info and display hard disk performance.
- Supports SCSI disks also
- In the system tray, displays the system variables as charts & an indicator
- It can manage various hardware monitors chips, hard disks, temperature readings, fan speed readings, voltage readings, PWMs and more.
- Compatible with Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, Windows 7, 2008, Windows 8, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012.
- Also compatible with Windows 64 bit also.
So, these are the amazing features of the SpeedFan software to change the fan speed on Windows PCs. You need to properly configure this program so that you are able to modify fan speeds based on system temperatures.
- Free utility
- Perfectly organized and clear interface
- Send email notices
- Highly customizable
- Some functions not working
- Not for the beginners.
Hence this is all about the SpeedFan software to control the fan speed on the computer, you can check out more details about the program and also download the software on the official site visit: SpeedFan Software Fan Controller.
2: Open Hardware Monitor
This is another powerful software to change fan speed Windows 10. It is a free open source program that not only controls fan speeds but also manages temperature sensors, voltages, load and clock speeds of a Windows PC/laptop.
This computer fan speed controller software is having many amazing features, here learn some of the best one.
- Supports most of the latest hardware monitoring chips
- Monitored values are displayed in the main window in a customizable desktop or in the system tray
- Examine CPU temperature by reading the core temperature sensors of Intel and AMD processors
- Display the ATI and Nvidia video cards sensors
- Access S.M.A.R.T. hard drive temperature as well.
- Run both on 32-bit and 64-bit
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and any x86 based Linux OS without installation.
These more alike the SpeedFan controller software and also a tough competitor. Now learn the Pros and cons of this fan control software.
- Freeware program
- Highly customizable
- Organized and clear interface
- Not for the average computer users
- Minor bugs in the beta release
So, this is all about the Open Hardware Monitor, you can learn more details on its official website and also download it more there visit: Open Hardware Monitor
3: NoteBook FanControl
NoteBook FanControl software offers users the ability to control the computer’s fan speed. It is designed with the user’s friendly interface since after the installation it incorporates with the PC’s taskbar.
After launching it for the first time, you can see it comes with the straightforward interface so that new beginners can manage it.
In order to check whether this fan speed control Windows 10 tool supports your laptop or not simply visit the GitHub official page.
Check out the vital features included NoteBook FanControl software.
- This PC fan controller software provides the real-time CPU temperature reading and the current fan speed.
- Allow controlling the fan speeds though simple slider situated in the middle part of the main menu.
- This software fan controller allows enabling and disabling the fan control service.
- Allow automatically launching the program at system startup
- Easy-to-use and compatible with Windows 7, 8 & Windows 10 as well.
So, these are some of the best functionality of this software to change or control fan speeds on a PC/laptop. Despite this, it also allows the users to select any one of numerous configuration as per your Notebook model and maker.
- Free utility
- Easy to use
- Compatible with all laptop brands
- Fixed and controlled integration
Well, the NoteBook FanControl is really worthy software to control the fan speed on laptop/PC, and in order to download it simply visit – Download NoteBook FanControl
4: HW Monitor
This is a free fan speeds monitor program for Windows. The HW Monitor has trusted hardware monitoring and PC fan speeds controller software.
So let dig out the best features of HW Monitor software to control fan
- Monitor real-time speed of CPU fan and at least three cabinet fans
- Also tracks the minimum and maximum recorded fan speed of both CPU and cabinet fans on its interface.
- Monitor Motherboard voltage, processor’s voltage, processor temperature(both in Celsius and Fahrenheit), HDD & GPU temperature, System power usage in watts and others
- Entire interface data can be saved in TXT file
- Holds the common sensor chips, like ITE® IT87 series, most Winbond® ICs, & others.
- Simple and easy and to use interface
- Available for both 32 and 64-bit version
- Compatible with other as well as the latest Windows 10 version
This CPU fan speed control software is also powerful and provides various features to change or control fan’s speed on computer as well as CPU. Now learn the pros and cons:
- Freeware program
- Precise & well-organized software
- Small and speedy
- Update data immediately
- Easy to use
- Supports new hardware
- Offers no alerts, you have tosupervise things, yourself
Well, the HWMonitor fan control software is not a very attractive or interesting program but delivers the promised features.
You can learn more about it and also download it from the official website. Visit: HWMonitor Fan Control Software
5: ZOTAC FireStorm
This is another best freeware fan speed monitor software available for Windows OS. Well, this is not having lots of bells and whistles like other software but good enough to turn up fan speed on a computer.
Here learn some of the interesting ZOTAC FireStorm features:
- Graphic card modification utility
- Monitor and control fan speed of Nvidia Graphics card
- Also help you control GPU clock speed, memory clock speed, shader clock speed, & VDDC values from its Clock section.
- You can view immediate fan speed and modify fan speed easily
- Provide dedicated Monitoring section to view real-time clock speed, temperature, fan speeds, etc.
- Supports Windows 7/8 & 10
This laptop fan speed control Windows 10 software is a pretty good fan speed monitor. Also, have some drawbacks do what it promises.
- Freeware software
- Easy to understand and latest user interface
- Display overclocking
- Unable to monitor CPU fans
- Disability to examine other companies graphics card except for Nvidia
- Having minor bugs
If you are willing to know more and download the ZOTAC FireStorm PC fan speed controller software than visit the official website: ZOTAC FireStorm
6: Argus Monitor
The Argus Monitor is reliable and light program to change or control fan speeds. This runs in the background and control fan speeds as well as monitors hard disk health.
Here learn the remarkable features of Argus Monitor software to change the fan speed on Windows PCs:
- Control fan speed for mainboard and GPU based on entire available temperature sources
- Monitor HDD temperature and the health status by checking the S.M.A.R.T. attributes
- It offers a graphical display of hard drives temperature
- Show the system’s fan speeds and allow controlling the speed smoothly.
- Comes with a graphical display of GPU and CPU temperature
- Inform you of the possibility of up to 70% before the hard drive fails so that users can save their essential data.
- HDD and SSD benchmarks to process access time and transfer rates
- Provide graphical display of core frequency and also allow checking the power management is working properly.
- Supports all windows version 7, 8, 8.1 & 10 as well.
So these are the Argus Monitor PC fan controller software features, now learn the pros and cons of this software.
- User-friendly interface
- Allow monitoring the CPU and GPU temperature
- Notifies the issues through emails
- Unable to resize or customize the interface
- Won’t work if the hardware components are not having a built-in temperature sensor
- Only 30 days trial period
This program is only available for 30 days, and if looking to continue to use it, then requires buying the license key.
In order to know more information about the software and download the PC fan speeds controller program head to – Argus Monitor’s Official Website
HWiNFO fan control is also a freeware software for Windows. This is a useful software that allows you to do various tasks rather than changing fan speeds on a computer and is pretty amazing.
Learn several best features of HWiNFO PC fan controller software:
- It is very handy software that allows adjusting immediate CPU and cabinet fan speeds
- With this, you can monitor several system components like CPU, motherboard, HDD temperature, CPU & GPU usage, CPU package power, GPU power, Core clock, RAM usage, and more
- Also provide each information about system CPU and GPU code names, CPU turbo frequency, RAM type, BIOS information, Sensors info, & more.
- Store a full report containing entire values of different parameters in a CSV file
- Supports latest technologies & standards.
- Works with both 32-bit and 64 bit Windows
- Compatible with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7/8 & 10
So these are some of the features of the HWiNFO fan control software.
- The customizable interface provides plenty of options
- Is free utility
- Offers several reports types, system monitoring using 3rd party add-ons or other tools.
- Portable version is offered
- Report generation provide blank details for deselected items
- Limited and controlled integration
- Offers limited details than the similar programs
If you are willing to learn more about and download the Windows 10 fan control software then visit the official website: HWiNFO Fan Control Software.
8: EasyTune 5
EasyTune 5 is Gigabyte software designed with easy to use interface. It allows the Windows-based users to fine-tune their system settings or enhance and manage the system, voltages and memory clocks in the Windows OS.
EasyTune5 by Gigabyte incorporates various amazing features here learn about them:
- It comes with Smart-Fan control to manage fan speed of CPU and North-Bridge Chipset cooling fan
- Offer monitoring system status to verify PC health
- Provide overclocking to improve the system’s performance
- EasyTune5 advanced mode allows you accessing entire overclocking parameter settings feature like configure the M.I.B. & C.I.A. features.
- Allow the users to switch different modes by choosing between Easy Mode and Advanced Mode
- Supports all Windows version
Well, this change computer fan speeds software is pretty good and free from flaws. If you are looking for how to change cpu fan speed without bios than you can go for this freeware software to control fan speedof your PC.
- Freeware program
- Allow monitoring system status
- Control CPU fan speed & North-Bridge Chipset cooling fan
- Easy to understand interface
- Limited and strict integration
This allows configuring the CPU cooling fan speed as per different temperature at different RPM and suggests to set at full speed at 60oC.
In order to check more features and download the PC fan control software visit the official website: EasyTune 5 by Gigabyte
9: Corsair Link
Corsair Link PC fan controller software is also a free utility for Windows OS. This effective fan speed monitor comes with the gaming-oriented interface.
So let dig out some amazing features of the Corsair Link software fan controller.
- Along with the fan speed monitor, it shows real-time CPU fan speed with CPU & GPU temperature, voltage, load, DRAM frequency.
- It can also be used to configure warning notification of the CPU/GPU temperature and Fan speed fluctuation
- Offers complete control over fans, compatible Corsair power supplies, lighting & Hydro Series liquid CPU coolers works both for cooling & performance
- Also, come with a gaming-oriented interface
- Supports the latest hardware and all Windows OS including Windows 10
So these are some of its characteristics, this change computer fan speeds software is worth using and help you prevent PC errors also.
- Freeware utility
- Automatically adjust cooling
- Not very user-friendly
- Compatibility issues with Windows 10
Looking to know more about the software and download it simply visit: Corsair Link official website
10: Thinkpad Fan Controller (TPFanControl)
Well, this PC fan speed controller software somehow able to manage a place at 10th position in the list. This free utility is working to reduce the fan noise in the notebooks.
So, let’s have a look at the best TPFanControl features, and know-how worthy it is:
- Monitor CPU and GPU temperatures by running in the background
- Adjust fan speeds for perfect cooling
- Show the notification icon of the CPU and GPU temperature.
- Control the system and CPU fan speeds by spinning up the fan only to keep the temperature low
- Supports 32-bit & 64-bit Windows and all Windows operating system
Well, it is found that after installing the software is works dramatically.
- Freeware utility
- Display alerts in the notification tray
- Control fan noise
Open Hardware Monitor Change Fan Speed
- Not for the beginners
- Causes overheating
- Not working with new models
- Limited and strict interface
In order to know more about the comter fan controlling software visit the official website and learn how it works on your Window system: Download TPFanControl
Wrapping Things Up:
So, these are top 10 tools to control or change the fan’s speed of your Windows PC/laptop system.
I tried my best to list down the effective and freeware programs to control fan speeds compatible with Windows system. Learn the best features, pros, and cons based on the user’s review and get the best one that suits your needs.
Hope the given information in the article works for you and help you to solve how to control your PC’s fans queries.
Hardware Monitor Fan Speed
If you are having any issue, the suggestion that writes us in the comment section below.
Hardeep has always been a Windows lover ever since she got her hands on her first Windows XP PC. She has always been enthusiastic about technological stuff, especially Artificial Intelligence (AI) computing. Before joining PC Error Fix, she worked as a freelancer and worked on numerous technical projects.