Every Door Direct Mail Reach every home in a local area with oversized postcards and flyers. You’ll create customer attention and enjoy reduced rates on reaching their mailboxes. Create or Use an Existing USPS.com Account. Local businesses and individuals can. Every Door Direct Mail is one of the most affordable marketing tools. It is easy to maintain consistency and very affordable. EDDM program is also much cheaper than any other form of bulk mail by twice as much, giving it the edge over other marketing options. What is Every Door Direct Mail? Today, the United States Postal Service has a gift for the small business owner. It's called 'Every Door Direct Mail!' With an EDDM campaign, the Post Office has made it easy and more affordable for you to reach potential customers. For approximately one third of the cost of a first class stamp per piece, we can. Affordable neighborhood marketing. Promote your business with Every Door Direct Mail®, Facebook ads, and more. Our All-in-One platform helps you build and launch marketing campaigns in minutes. Fast and easy; Great for sales! No paperwork or permits; New! Do everything online.
Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) is a perfect way to spur growth in your business by saturating entire neighborhoods using carrier routes — all without the cost of purchasing mailing lists and permits. EDDM is ideal for businesses and individuals looking to gain the attention of basically, anyone (think, “Local Postal Customer”). There is reduced sorting and transportation associated with EDDM, which translates to a reduction in cost incurred by the USPS, which is then passed on to you. Some of the best suited candidates for EDDM are businesses that are looking to reach customers in a specific geographical area. They might include restaurants, realtors, local health clinics, contractors, and politicians.
There’s been a recent resurgence of interest in direct mail. Businesses are shifting to a more balanced mix of online and offline channels. They realize that the expansive digital ecosystem lends itself to an overwhelming amount of communication that can be easily replaced, updated, and ignored by potential customers. By including print, businesses incite 1:1 dialogue with their prospects, which creates lasting, engaged customer relationships. According to a Print in the Mix survey, 79% of consumers act on a brand’s direct mail piece immediately, while 56% found printed material to be the most trustworthy of media channels. Here are four specific advantages to EDDM:
1. Reach. The ability to select specific zip codes and carrier routes allows you to target geographically, ensuring your message reaches consumers in areas most relevant to your business. Additional demographic filters exist if you have a slightly more targeted methodology.
2. Flexibility. The variety of postcard sizes available provides flexibility with your messaging. The smaller formats allow for punchy and compelling copy while larger formats offer room to tell the full story of your product or service.
3. Value. With no mailing permits or lists to buy and with postage at only 15.7 cents the program is highly economical.
4. Effective. Print complements repetitive digital cycles and actually strengthens the overall effectiveness of a digital campaign. By adding a high-impact, personalized tactile touch, you create true multi-channel campaigns which increases exposure, response, and prospect engagement.
Your Printing Partner Can Make All the Difference
The less time you devote to coordinating the details of an EDDM campaign, the more time you have to focus on growing your business. Select a printer that has the capabilities to execute all aspects of an EDDM campaign. Look for one that provides:
1. Printing capabilities. Look for a print shop with both digital and offset printing capabilities. Digital allows for smaller quantities and variable data while offset provides larger runs with custom finishes.
2. Route selection. Choose a printer that offers a route selection tool as part of the ordering process. This saves you the hassle of manually searching for and choosing specific neighborhoods to target.
3. Delivery service. Ask if the print shop delivers your order directly to the U.S. Postal Service, so you don’t have to transport the bulk mailing to the post office.
4. Regulatory expertise. EDDM has very specific bundling and mailing requirements, so confirm that your printer has a mailing services department that is well-versed in the rules and regulations of EDDM.
Make the Most of Direct Mail
Once you understand the logistics and targeting associated with EDDM, the final component to a positive ROI is the actual composition of the piece.
1. Design. While a full-color piece will cost a bit more, the impact can greatly outweigh the cost variance. Things like high resolution images, bold colors, and clean typography create a high-impact piece that will stand out in the mail.
2. Copy. Even with the larger size postcard, every word counts. Think about concise, catchy, and compelling copy. Provide enough information to educate, in a way that keeps your prospect engaged and leaves them with something memorable.
3. Measurement. Being able to prove and improve your marketing spend is a critical component. Special offers, QR codes, and dedicated URL’s are all viable ways to track the campaign, and they reinforce a multi-channel strategy. Be sure that your message is clear and direct, so customers know exactly what to do and where to find you.
Every Door Direct Mail is a highly effective approach to drive actionable results with new customers. EDDM is positioned to be one of the most effective marketing channels for 2014. Its simple cost structure, flexibility, and broad reach is a perfect way to meet your neighbors.
EDDM (Every Door Direct Mail)
THE MOST AFFORDABLE WAY TO LET PEOPLE KNOW WHO YOU ARE
AND WHAT YOU DO.
Step 1: Tailor your message
Deliver the right message,right to your customer's front door.
You can use direct mail to introduce yourself to customers, announce special events or sales, promote new items... whatever you think might draw prospects to your business. Here are just a few of the ways direct mail can work for you:
Real Estate farming
Announcing grand openings or store expansions
Introduce new products, services or menu items
Promote special sales or limited time offers
Provide coupons and neighborhood-only deals
Step 2: Choose your target
Every Door Direct Mail Marketing
Select your customers by their mail routes, neighborhoods and zip codes.
With our free online mapping tool, you can target potential customers by specific mail routes. It's easier than ever to get your advertising message in the right hands.
You can mail only to the routes surrounding your business or focus on the routes where potential new customers live. You can even use the mapping tool to see demographics for each route, which is based on the past U.S. Census data.
Best of all, the mapping tool is so easy to use. Try it for yourself and you can see how you can build a route list with just a few clicks at usps.com/eddm.
Step 3: Create your mailpiece
cool ideas marketing is your local direct mail expert.
Here are the key steps you will need to take:
Choose your size
How much do you want to show and say? Available formats range from small to large postcards. For weight and dimensional standards, please see the chart below.
We Design Your Mail
We use high-resolution images that showcase your products or services in the best possible light. Be sure your wording is clear and as concise as possible, especially if you're including a coupon or a special offer.
Format for Printing
We make sure the address label and postage indicia are placed in the right locations.
cool ideas marketing can take care of the entire process for you. We can help advise you on the best, most memorable approach for your business and design, print and deliver your mailpiece to the Post Office.
Step 4: Prep for delivery
We prepare your mailing and deliver it to the post office with no additional charges. If the routes you selected are outside of the Grand Strand Area, we can ship them to any post office in the US for an additional shipping fee.
How much is this going to cost me?
Effective Door To Door Marketing
Here is an example of our most popular EDDM postcard sizes and prices. Our postcards are printed on high quality thick 16pt dull cover with a matte finish. We also offer a free super high gloss UV coating on both sides to give your mailing campaign a professional look. These postcards are printed in full color on both sides. As you can see from the prices below, we can print and mail postcards cheaper the cost of a first class stamp. This EDDM program is also much cheaper than any other form of bulk mail by twice as much. With EDDM you have no mailing list to buy, no addressing and no list processing fees. This saves you money and allows you to mail twice as many postcards. We print, prep and deliver your cards to the post office so you can concentrate on running your business.
SECRET TO SUCCESSFUL MARKETING:
Every Day Direct Mail Usps
Every Door Direct Marketing Postcards
It is no secret why marking works for some people and not others. 9 out of 10 times, the reason direct mail fails is because people do not stick to a 'consistent' plan. That one person that is successful on their first mailing has most likely gotten lucky and so they continued to mail each month. The people that are 'consistent' will increase their exposure in turn, increasing the chance that they will be top of mind when a need presents itself. For example, if a real estate agent mails 10,000 postcards all at one time, they might get lucky. The agent that mails 1000 cards over a 10 month period to the same 1000 people will have a much better chance of doing business with this group. There are a lot of studies and whitepapers to prove the results but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out all marketing works if done 'consistently'. EDDM is a great item to add to your marketing plan because it is easy to be 'consistent' and very affordable. We can show you how some of our clients are using EDDM successfully and come up with a 'consistent' marketing plan for you. Keep this in mind... if it were as easy as one TV commercial, one mailing, one radio commercial then everyone would be successful. The businesses that have a consistent marketing plan will always win in the long run.