- Dropbox lets you take your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Access any file you save to your Dropbox from all of your computers, phones, tablets, and on the web.
- The Dropbox desktop app is available for Linux, macOS, and Windows operating systems. The preferences menu allows you to customize the Dropbox app to your liking. Learn how to open and view your Dropbox desktop app preferences. Sections in this article.
Uninstalling the Dropbox desktop app will not delete your Dropbox account or remove the Dropbox folder from your hard drive. If you’d like to uninstall the Dropbox desktop app from your computer, follow the instructions for your device below.
How to uninstall the Dropbox desktop app on Mac
To uninstall the Dropbox desktop app on a Mac computer:
Download Dropbox to get started. Download Dropbox. Create new Microsoft Office files, upload photos, and scan documents straight from the Dropbox app on your iPhone. Plus button Easily collect files from multiple people, without granting them access to what others have shared. Softonic review Access your Dropbox files. Dropbox for Windows 8 is a file synchronization program that keeps all of your files synced to the cloud. Dropbox is an amazing service and the company has released great applications for Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android.
- Click the Dropbox icon in the menu bar.
- Click your avatar (profile picture or initials).
- Click Quit.
- Open Finder.
- Click Applications.
- Drag Dropbox to the Trash.
If you’d also like to remove the Dropbox folder from your hard drive, drag your Dropbox folder to the Trash.
How to uninstall the Dropbox desktop app on Windows
To uninstall the Dropbox desktop app on a Windows computer:
- Click Start.
- Click Settings.
- Click Apps.
- Click Apps & features.
- Click Dropbox.
- Note: If Dropbox came preloaded on your device, you may see Get Dropbox or Dropbox “x” GB instead.
- Click Uninstall.
If you’d also like to remove the Dropbox folder from your hard drive, drag your Dropbox folder to the Recycle Bin.
How to uninstall the Dropbox desktop app on Linux
Dropbox App For Pc Free
To uninstall the Dropbox desktop app on a Linux computer, copy and paste the following commands one-by-one into your terminal window, hitting Enter after each command. Some of the commands listed may produce an error, but by the last command, the desktop app will be successfully uninstalled from your computer.