WinSCP is an open source free FTP client for Windows. You can get it from WinSCP download page. Latest stable WinSCP version is 5.17.10.
An FTP client is a software which uses the FTP protocol to transfer files to and from a remote computer.
- Download FileZilla® for free. A fast cross-platform FTP client. FileZilla® is a cross-platform FTP, SFTP, and FTPS client with a vast list of features, which supports Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and more. FileZilla's dynamic tools help you move files between your local machine and your Web site's server effortlessly.
- Download FileZilla Client 3.53.1 for Windows (64bit x86) The latest stable version of FileZilla Client is 3.53.1. Please select the file appropriate for your platform below.
FTP is the most widespread transfer protocol used to transfer files from one host to another over the Internet. Basic variant of the protocol is not secure.
FileZilla Client is a fast and reliable cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with lots of useful features and an intuitive graphical user interface. FileZilla is easy to use and available in many languages.
If you want to transfer files securely, either use secure variant of FTP, the FTPS or use alternative secure protocol, SFTP.
You can use WinSCP to transfer files both manually and automatically.
Well, there are many reasons, but one of them is for sure that WinSCP supports a variety of transfer protocols, so you can use one tool for both secure and insecure file copying. Read more about all WinSCP supported protocols.
- Connect to FTP server or SFTP server;
- Upload files to FTP server or SFTP server;
- Synchronize files with FTP server or SFTP server;
- Automate file transfers (or synchronization) to FTP server or SFTP server;
- Other Guides to using WinSCP.