To use Dropbox as destination to store backups, you only need a free Dropbox account, if the available space of 2 GB is enough for you.
If you already have a Dropbox account, you can of course use it for the backups.
Create A Dropbox Account For Free
What a Standard Dropbox Free Account Includes Kudos to Dropbox for offering a free Basic account that can get you started with 2GB of space. With this free plan, you can get started with accessing and sharing photos, documents, and other files from any device. Create and share Dropbox links with view-only access You can share a link to a file or folder from dropbox.com, your computer, your phone, or your tablet. People who receive a shared link or shared file with view-only permissions won't be able to edit the original file in any way.
Open Dropbox Account
To create a new Dropbox account, do the following steps:
If you already have a Dropbox account, you can of course use it for the backups. To create a new Dropbox account, do the following steps: Visit dropbox.com and register with your full name, e-mail address and password. Visit dropbox.com and register. Login to Dropbox. Bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and keep your files safe.
- Visit dropbox.com and register with your full name, e-mail address and password.
- Check the I agree to Dropbox terms box. Click on Sign up.
- You got an email confirming the registration. Follow the instructions there to finish the registration.
- Now you can access your Dropbox Dashboard, where you can store, manage and share files.
- In the browser you will get a link to the paid version for a trial period or, if you want to use the free basic plan, you can click on the related link. This way you could download and install the Dropbox app into your computer selecting the version that fits your Operative System.