Speccy - find the details of your computer's specs. Great for spotting issues or finding compatible upgrades. Download the latest version free. Core Temp is a lightweight, easy-to-use temperature monitor for Windows computers. It works with most processors and displays the temperature for each individual core. You can also view other basic system information such as the processor model, platform, and frequency. System Monitor is simpler extension — it shows you how much CPU and RAM you are using. It changes color as your usage changes—yellow if you're using a lot of resources and red if you're running out. You can choose what to display on the icon to keep close eye on CPU or RAM. Chrome OS users can now monitor their CPU temperature now. If your computers are equipped with Intel processors, then this Real Temp is your CPU temp monitor. As one of the best CPU temperature monitor tools, Real Temp is well designed and developed for monitoring all Intel single, dual, quad core and core i5, i7 processors.
- Windows*: Joe Olivas, Timo Kleimola, Mark Price, Timothy McKay
- MacOS*: Patrick Konsor
- Windows*: Seung-Woo Kim, Karthik Krishnan, Vardhan Dugar, Joseph Jin-Sung Lee, Jun De Vega
Intel® Power Gadget is a software-based power usage monitoring tool enabled for Intel® Core™ processors (from 2nd Generation up to 10th Generation Intel® Core™ processors). Intel® Atom™ processors are not supported. It is supported on Windows* and macOS* and includes an application, driver, and libraries to monitor and estimate real-time processor package power information in watts using the energy counters in the processor. With this release, we are providing functionality to evaluate power information on various platforms including notebooks, desktops and servers. Windows 7* and 32-bit versions of the Intel® Power Gadget for Windows* has ceased development from 3.0.7. Starting with version 3.5 and going forward, only the 64-bit version and Windows 8* will be supported.
Traditional methods to estimate power/energy usage of the processor has always been a cumbersome task that included special purpose tools or instrumentation on the platform along with third party equipment. The motivation for the tool was to assist end-users, ISV’s, OEM’s, developers, and others interested in a more precise estimation of power from a software level without any H/W instrumentation.
In version 3.0 there are additional features that include estimation of power on multi-socket systems as well as externally callable APIs to extract power information within sections of code. The multi-socket support essentially evaluates the Energy MSR on a per-socket basis and provides an estimate of power draw per socket. The API layer is a set of libraries and dlls that can be called and offers the flexibility to build the tool within code sections of an application. Latest release also includes support for Windows 10*.
Brief Description (Windows*)
Intel® Power Gadget 3.5 consists of the following components. Set of driver and libraries which access and post process the processor energy counter to calculate the power usage in Watts, temperate in Celsius and frequency in GHz (default install directory will be ~Program FilesIntelPower Gadget 3.5). A command line version of the tool (PowerLog3.0.exe) is also included
System Requirements (Windows*)
- Windows 8*
- Windows 10*
- Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft .NET* Framework 4
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable package
- 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processor or later, older processors not supported
- Single socket
System Requirements (macOS*)
- macOS* 10.11 or later
- 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ processor or later
Known Limitations / Issues
- Graphs will not appear if your processor does not have the appropriate hardware counters
- Discrete graphics cards are not supported and GPU graphs will not appear unless Intel graphics is in use
- Windows 7* supported builds are below in the Archive section
Installation / Setup (Windows*)
- Run the msi package as an administrator. Accept the UAC, if one appears
- Follow the installer prompt instructions to complete installation
- .Net Framework 4 (will automatically be downloaded from Microsoft* site if not yet installed in your system) needs Internet connection
- Microsoft* Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable Package (will automatically get installed if not yet installed)
Installation / Setup (macOS*)
- Double click the downloaded DMG (Intel Power Gadget.dmg)
- Double click the package (Install Intel Power Gadget.pkg)
- Follow the installer prompt instructions to complete installation
On recent macOS versions, after installation users need to explicitly allow the Power Gadget driver to load:
- Open System Preferences, and click on 'Security and Privacy'
- Click the lock at the bottom of the page to unlock changes
- Click 'Allow' to allow system software from Intel Corporation:
- Restart your computer to apply the changes
On macOS Catalina (10.15), users may need to perform additional steps to enable the Power Gadget driver to automatically load (this is due to a bug in macOS).
- Open the Terminal application
- Enter the following command, and press Enter (requires a password to complete):
- Restart your computer to apply the changes
Common use of Intel® Power Gadget is to monitor energy usage of the processor
- Provides processor power (Watts), temperature (Celsius) and frequency (MHz) in real-time via graph displayed in the GUI
- Let you log the power and frequency measurements and save it in a csv format.
- Double click on the desktop shortcut and the GUI will launch
- Drag to move the GUI.
- Right click the GUI and a pop-up menu will show up allowing you to choose options or close the application. Options have the following parameters. Click “Start Log” button in the GUI to start logging. Press the same button “Stop Log” to stop logging. While it’s logging, red label “REC” will blink in the power chart area.
- You can choose to add time-stamp to the log file name or not.
- You can choose the log file name.
- You can choose to resize the GUI from 100% to 300% by dragging the slider and testing the new size with the “Apply Size” button and accept the changes by pressing “Ok”.
- Screen Update Resolution lets you change how often the GUI is updated at runtime. This may range from 50 ms to 1000 ms. (Default set to 1000 ms)
- Log Sampling Resolution lets you change the logging sampling resolution ranging from 1 ms to 1000 ms. (Default set to 100 ms)
- In a multi-socket system, you can choose which package information to display in the GUI. The log will record all package information in a csv file.
- Click 'Start Log' button in the GUI to start logging. Press the same button 'Stop Log' to stop logging. While it's logging, red label 'REC' will blink in the power chart area
Using Intel® Power Gadget 3.0 in a Script
In order to start and stop the logging in a script, first launch the GUI as usual.
- At the beginning of the script, call 'IntelPowerGadget.exe -start' and it will trigger the logging in the GUI.
- At the end of the script, call “IntelPowerGadget.exe -stop” and it will stop the logging.
The parameters for the log are based on the options set in the GUI.
PowerLog3.0.exe is the command line version of Intel® Power Gadget in logging power usage
- Log power data to logfile for a period of time:
- Start a command a log power data to logfile until the command finish:
Best Windows 10 Cpu Temp Monitors
Logfile will include the elapsed timed, package power limit, processor frequency, GT frequency, processor temperature, average and cumulative power of the processor
- Processor Energy (Total energy of the processor) = IA Energy + GT Energy (if applicable) + Others (not measured)
- IA Energy (Energy of the CPU/processor cores)
- GT Energy (Energy of the processor graphics) – If applicable , some processors for desktops and servers don’t have it or may have use discrete graphics
Only works on 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ processor family or newer. Atom processors not yet supported.
Use only 32-bit installer for 32-bit OS and 64-bit installer for 64-bit OS
Best Cpu Temp Monitors
Application may hang after running for a long period of time (just close and restart application)
Contact your local Intel sales office or your distributor to obtain the latest specifications and before placing your product order.
This document contains information on products in the design phase of development.
All products, platforms, dates, and figures specified are preliminary based on current expectations, and are subject to change without notice. All dates specified are target dates, are provided for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
This document contains information on products in the design phase of development. Do not finalize a design with this information. Revised information will be published when the product is available. Verify with your local sales office that you have the latest datasheet before finalizing a design.
Code names featured are used internally within Intel to identify products that are in development and not yet publicly announced for release. Customers, licensees and other third parties are not authorized by Intel to use code names in advertising, promotion or marketing of any product or services and any such use of Intel's internal code names is at the sole risk of the user.
Cpu Temp Monitor App For Windows 10
Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Copyright © 2019, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Intel® Power Gadget also provides a C/C++ Application Programming Interface (API) for accessing this power and frequency data in your program; the API is supported on Windows and Mac OS X. For more information on the API's, see:
For Mac Using the Intel® Power Gadget API on Mac OS X
For Windows Using the Intel® Power Gadget API on Windows
End User License Agreement included in Windows* download
INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH INTEL® PRODUCTS. NO LICENSE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY ESTOPPEL OR OTHERWISE, TO ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IS GRANTED BY THIS DOCUMENT. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN INTEL'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR SUCH PRODUCTS, INTEL ASSUMES NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, AND INTEL DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, RELATING TO SALE AND/OR USE OF INTEL PRODUCTS INCLUDING LIABILITY OR WARRANTIES RELATING TO FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT.
UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED IN WRITING BY INTEL, THE INTEL PRODUCTS ARE NOT DESIGNED NOR INTENDED FOR ANY APPLICATION IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE INTEL PRODUCT COULD CREATE A SITUATION WHERE PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH MAY OCCUR.
Intel may make changes to specifications and product descriptions at any time, without notice. Designers must not rely on the absence or characteristics of any features or instructions marked 'reserved' or 'undefined.' Intel reserves these for future definition and shall have no responsibility whatsoever for conflicts or incompatibilities arising from future changes to them. The information here is subject to change without notice. Do not finalize a design with this information.
How Can I Monitor Cpu Temperature
The products described in this document may contain design defects or errors known as errata which may cause the product to deviate from published specifications. Current characterized errata are available on request.